This is another dish that I made for my mom on Mother’s Day. Honestly, this was the best dish out of all the ones I cooked. If you want to try this dish, you’ll definitely need to spend some time to hunt of the ingredients. They’re essential for the traditional flavor of the dish!
1 1/2 can coconut milk
2 cups chicken or veggie stock
1/2 - 1 cup milk
1/5 cup lime juice
1 tbsp lime zest
5 garlic cloves - minced
2 stalks lemon grass - chopped diagonally
1 inch long of galanga - sliced
6-8 kaffir lime leaves - chopped
1 tsp chilli sauce
sugar (if needed)
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
1 cup chopped mushroom
2 cups diced chicken breast
1. Prepare all ingredients according to the recipe.
2. Heat up the coconut milk in a pot then add in chicken stock and milk.
3. Add in lemongrass, kaffir leaves, garlic, galanga and cilantro.
4. Boil for 15 minutes and simmer at low heat for another 15.
5. Drain the soup from the herbal ingredients. (If you have a pocket sieve, you can leave it in the soup to cook)
6. Add lime juice, lime zest, chopped chicken, and sliced mushroom into the soup.
7. Boil until chicken is cooked. Then simmer again for 10 minutes or so.
8. Decorate with green onion or cilantro when ready to serve!