Sweet Corn Soup With Egg Swirls
A homemade recipe from my mom. Perfect for the summer when there’s plenty of sweet corn in supermarkets!
2 sweet corn - shucked
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp corn starch or 4 tbsp flour
2 cups water
1/2 cup veggie stock
2 -3 tbsp milk
2 cloves garlic - minced
salt and pepper
1. In a pot, sauteed the garlic till it turns brown with a little bit of oil.
2. Add in the corn to the pot and cook till softened.
3. Add in the butter and flour and stir.
4. Gradually add in the milk, veggie stock and water.
5. Bring to a full boil then simmer for 30 mins at medium heat.
6. Beat an egg and slowly pour into the soup while swirling constantly.
If you’re way to lazy to do steps 1 to 5, buy a can of sweet corn and add some more water to it to boil. It’ll work more or less the same!