Awkward combo for a Risotto.. I know.. but it tastes good and that’s all that matters. Someone asked me for a stuffed pepper recipe, so I thought I’d experiment a little. Here’s the Risotto part of the Stuffed Pepper recipe! The actual Stuffed Pepper recipe will be up in the next few days! Remember to check back if you’re interested!
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup rice
1 cup white button mushroom - 1/2 diced, 1/2 very finely diced
1 cup chicken stock or veggie stock
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 onion - finely diced
3 cloves garlic - minced
3 tsp whiskey (.. suppose to use white wine)
salt and pepper
cheese (I used Mozzarella cheese)
1. In a pot, melt 2 tbsp of the butter first.
2. Sautee the onions and garlic until they’re soft.
3. Add in the rice and sautee.
4. Gradually add in the whiskey then the mushrooms.
5. Add in half of the chicken stock until the stock is well absorbed.
6. Add in the rest of the stock and stir constantly.
7. Eventually add in the sausages and water and let it cook and simmer.
8. Add more water, and stop until the rice is completely softened.
9. Stir in the last tbsp of the butter and cheese.