I went grocery shopping today and saw some Yellowfin Tuna on sale. My mom wanted to try some so we bought two home. I have never made it before, but it seems like it worked well enough for a Monday dinner!
2 tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick)
1 cup celery leaf
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups mushroom
1 tbsp butter
1 cup onion - sliced
1 tbsp sugar
Salt and pepper
1. Finely chop the celery leaf.
2. Mix the celery leaf with squeezed lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, paprika and 1 tbsp olive oil.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tuna steaks then brush over with rest of the olive oil.
4. In a pan, heat up some butter, then sautéed the mushrooms.
5. When mushrooms are cooked, set them aside on a plate.
6. In the same pan, add the onions then once they brown, add sugar then cook.
7. Prepare a grill and once heated, place tuna steak onto it.
8. Brush the tuna steaks with the marinade prepared, then grill each side for 2 minutes for a medium rare steak.
9. When tuna steaks are cooked, place mushrooms, then onions, then the sauce on top.
This is the prefect twist to a romantic dinner rather than having plain ol’ steak.. ;)